1 Large Egg
¼ cup Whole Milk
¼ cup Water
½ cup AP Flour
½ tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
As Needed Nonstick Cooking Spray
For the Crêpe
4 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp Butter
As Needed Parmesan
60 grams Royal Caviar
For the Crêpes
- Combine the egg, milk and water in a blender and mix at medium speed until combined.
- Add the salt and flour and blend until fully incorporated.
- With the blender still running, drizzle in the melted butter
- Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To cook the crêpes, heat an 11”, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour two ounces of crêpe batter into the pan and tilt the pan to evenly distribute the crepe batter.
- Cook the crêpe for one minute until lightly browned on the bottom and the crepe is fully set. Gently flip over the crepe and cook for an additional 45 seconds.
- Remove the crêpe to a plate and repeat the above process until all of the batter is utilised.
For the Egg
- Gently crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites, being careful not to crack the yolks.
- Combine the whites and whisk until combined
- To cook the eggs, heat an 11”, nonstick skillet over medium heat and add a 1⁄2 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Allow the butter to melt, it should not brown.
- Place a crêpe in the heated saute pan and carefully fold about one inch of the edge toward the center of the crêpe.
- With the edges folded in place, gently pour one egg white into the center, being careful it does not spill out of the sides. Season with kosher salt and allow to cook over medium-low heat until the white is cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining three egg whites. Keep the finished crêpes warm.
- Using a microplane, shave a dusting of parmesan over the crêpe.
- Place a ring mold in the center of the crêpe and gently spread about 15-20 grams of caviar evenly in the mold.
- Remove the ring mold and carefully spoon one egg yolk in the center, be sure it is set in place before removing the spoon!
- Season the egg yolk with kosher salt or fleur de sel. Serve immediately